Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Forever Changed











Will I ever use a washing machine without seeing Chanty washing the clothes of the young orphans in a five-gallon bucket?
Will I ever see a color book without thinking of the teenage orphans who were as excited to color and the younger children?
Will I ever look in my closet, thinking I have nothing to wear, and not think of those I met who truly only have the clothes on their backs?
Will I ever eat without remembering Serat tell of gathering grains of rice out of the dirt and washing them to feed his sick mother when they had nothing?
Will I ever see a baby without thinking of the 14 month old who was found abandoned in a trash can?

Will I ever tell my children I love them without seeing the faces of the orphans?
I hope I am forever changed. May I never stop being reminded. May I never stop weeping for the orphans. May I never become so calloused that I miss the needs of those who really are in need.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Julie, what a fantastic post--the pictures, your words, your heart. May we be broken and transformed, by bits or by strides, into the image of Jesus. May his heart be our heart.

Peak said...

Julie, thank you, you spoke to my heart. May we never forget!